Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief and Manipulation

Title: The Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief and Manipulation
Author: Melissa Rivers
Genre: Non-Fiction, Humor, Memoir

Time: 4.8 hours

First off, I love, love, love Joan Rivers.  I know her sense of humor was not for everyone, but loved it.  I used to watch her on Fashion Police.  I was so sad when she passed away.  Fashion Police is not the same anymore.  So when I saw this book, there was no question that I would read it. 

The book tries to be funny.  I mean Joan Rivers = funny.  When it tries to be funny, sometimes it is, but sometimes it’s not.  I know, it sounds confusing.  But I think you’ll get it if you read the book. 

So yeah, if you got this book expecting to be laughing out loud (like I did with Chelsea Handler’s books) every few pages, you’ll be disappointed.  But what I liked most about this is that it gave me an insight on what Joan Rivers was like as mother, wife and friend.  You’d get a glimpse of what she was like before she was famous.  She was a lady before her time.

No comments:

Post a Comment