Saturday, April 30, 2016

Devoted in Death

Title: Devoted in Death
Author: JD Robb
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Police Procedural

Time: 6.3 hours

The In Death Series is one of my favorites, eversince I stumbled into it with book # 48 two years ago, I loved it so much that I read books number 1 to 47 straight.  I have then been on the lookout for new books in these series and devoured them as soon as I get my hands on them.  Good thing JD Robb (or Ms Nora Roberts) is very prolific coz I found 3 new ones since that last time I’ve checked.

With Devoted in Death, I got to revisit Dallas, Peabody and the crew and I’m happy to say that all is well in New York 2057 (well, except for the victims).  Only major change was Trueheart becoming a detective and a hint that a new character might be added and looking forward to seeing how that character’s going to change the dynamics.

This one was a bit more gory than usual that I got bad dreams last night.. this sometimes happens when I read the In Death Series or Tess Gerritsen books.  This book also got me paranoid.  The victims were grabbed, stuffed in a van and tortured for days before they were killed and dumped somewhere.  The serial killers had no specific victim profile, just random snatch and grab, purely an unlucky being at the wrong place at the wrong time thing.  It got me looking over my shoulder when I went to pee in the empty girls bathroom at the cinema after the last full show… thinking, if there’s a crazy person with evil intentions right now, they can just put me to sleep with chloroform, kill me and calmly walk away.  With the “CSIs” here, no one would know what happened or who did it.

Books like these (and adding to the mix my binge watching Law & Order, CSI, Criminal Minds, etc., etc., etc.) made me the paranoid parrot I am today >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment