Sunday, June 26, 2016

Confess

Title: Confess
Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre: Romance, New Adult
Time: 3.4 hours
Rating: 8 out of 10

It’s actually a pretty well-written book.  I’m not a big fan of those love-at-first-sight stories, coz how can you instantly have intense feelings for someone you just met?!  But Colleen Hoover has a way with words.

I think the way Adam’s mother was portrayed in the book was kinda unfair.  Well, yeah, she sounded like a real bitch but we only heard Auburn’s side of the story and she gave a pretty one-sided view of her.  I’m sure losing her son at a very young age was devastating for her and seeing her grandson grow up looking very much like the dead son must have made her act all crazy, protective and sort of obsessive about AJ.  I’m sure she had her struggles and frustrations.  And who knows, maybe she had her reasons why she can’t trust Auburn with AJ.

Btw, how creepy was the older brother lurking on his dead brother’s girlfriend!?  I mean, really?  But there was a line in the book that kinda speaks volumes of what it is like for a guy to live in the shadow of a dead brother, it was something like “I am not Adam, I am Trey!”  It must have been tough for him.  People have a tendency to make people who have passed away into saints, so much more for people who died young.  I must have been very difficult for Trey to live up to that.  However, that does not explain the wife-beater attitude he has.  It might explain it, but not excuse it.

I had a hunch that Owen might have met Auburn in the hospital during Adam’s illness from the hints mentioned in the book.  But I didn’t expect that he and Adam interacted, let alone was the catalyst of his art, which, btw, reminds men of Postsecret.

No comments:

Post a Comment