Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Secret Keeper

Title: The Secret Keeper
Author: Kate Morton
Genre: Historical Fiction
Time: 10.3 hours
Rating: 10 out of 10

Wow.  This is one of those books that got me.  I did not expect the ending.  Which was weird coz I can usually smell a plot twist a mile away and this was one of those that I should’ve guessed from the start.

I know that this would somehow connect to the little boy’s family that said something like you’re my daddy’s lady but I did not expect Laurel’s mother to be Vivien!  Which was good coz I was beginning to really hate Dorothy.  I kept telling myself, maybe Vivien will do something truly appalling that will warrant all these negative vibes from Dorothy.  But nope, the more you get to know her, the more you like Vivien.  So I thought, maybe something huge happens that somehow absolves how awful Dorothy is.  Nope.  But she got her just desserts in the end.

And the abusive husband? Did not see that one, too.  And Jimmy surviving and actually had an indirect hand in Laurel becoming an actress?  It was plot twist after plot twist.  The book was very well written and well balanced that it gave me enough of a mystery to get me hooked yet giving enough info each chapter as not to tempt me to skip to the last part and just get it over with.  Some books keep too much from the readers during the start and middle that I can’t help but just read the end to just know what the whole mystery is all about.


I plan to read all her other books but maybe after a few other books as I need a breather from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment