Friday, July 1, 2016

Never Never

Title: Never Never
Author: Colleen Hoover & Tarry Fisher
Genre: Romance, Young Adult
Time: 1.9 hours
Rating: 5 out of 10

So the story got me hooked at the first chapter.  Sometimes it takes a while for me to warm up to a book.  This one, from the start, got me wondering what the hell happened to Charlie and Silas and why they can’t remember anything.

Were they both suffering from shock and is that why they can’t remember anything?  Something horrible must’ve happened for both of them to block out their memories.  But what are the chances that they both have amnesia starting from the same time period?  It’s not impossible but highly improbable.

So I was hooked.  I was tempted to skip to the last chapter so I’d know what caused them to forget.  But I told myself, nope, patience.  So I read on.  Plus, the story was moving along nicely.  I couldn’t put it down and it was already 3AM… as I neared the last pages, to my utter disappointment, the whole explanation was some sort of fantastical event that will be revealed in the next book.  What a bummer.  I was interested because I wanted to know the logical explanation of their amnesia.  An unexplained, magical cause felt like a cop out.  And I am not interested in reading the next book just to find out and it might probably take two more books given the popularity of trilogies.  Uh, no thanks.  I just wanna know the ending.

I tried googling the ending.  Can’t find it.  Turns out, the second book isn’t out yet.  But it did give me an idea for this blog.  I’m gonna add a “How does it end” part.  There were quite a few times when I’ve found a book that I liked plot, read a few chapters but didn’t like the way it was written so I didn’t finish it.  I still wanted to know how it ended but didn’t want to commit to reading the entire book to find out.  I used to google their endings but not all books have their endings up on the net as some people don’t wanna put spoilers as it might, well, spoil it for the rest.  So I thought, there might be people who, like me, do want those spoilers.  So I might started doing that on the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment