Wednesday, August 10, 2016

When Will There Be Good News?

Title: Jackson Brodie 3: When Will There Be Good News?
Author: Kate Atkinson
Genre: Mystery
Time: unfinished or read already?

Rating: N/A

This was the only book of the series I haven't read yet.  Or so I thought.  As I was reading chapter one and I got a sense of deja vu.  As I read on, I get vague flashbacks.  Like there was a train derailment or was it a collision?  I remember people so many people on the train, so many people trying to help the injured.  A dilapidated/ramshackle house near the trains?  A well-off lady disappearing or did she run away?  The family in the introduction part of the book.  The two girls and a baby brother with their harried mother.  This all feels familiar, like I've been here before.

This happens to me once in a while.  That's the thing with reading soooo many books, you end up getting a book you've read before without realizing it until you're a few chapters in.  I have no idea how many books I've read in my lifetime and I've only started tracking since 2013 and I've found out that I average like 80-100 books a year.  I started reading and collecting books at 5 or 6 but the almost "non-stop" reading started around 8 or 9 when I discovered the school library.  Not mentioning my age but I probably read like a thousand books already.  

And I think I've read this book before.  But I just can't put my finger as to when but I think it's fairly recent.  And I can't remember anymore the ending.  And since I wanna end with 100 new books read this year I'll just skip this for now until I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment