Monday, April 17, 2017

Scrapy Little Nobody



Title: Scrapy Little Nobody
Author: Anna Kendrick
Genre: Memoir, Humor
Time: 4 hours
Rating: 10 out of 10

here's a short description of the book in goodreads.



This book is so good that I read it in one sitting.  I didn't laugh out as I'd expected but I was highly entertained that I couldn't put it down.  And I am now, more than ever, convinced that I want Anna Kendrick to be my bestfriend.

It's written in an anecdotal essay style and it gives a good mix of her "origin story" (if you may call it that), stories of her hanging out with non-famous friends and a smattering of behind the scenes tidbits of the movies she's been in and the famous celebs she interacted with.  "Famous celebs" sounds redundant doesn't it? But without the word "famous," I doesn't have that impact that I'm going for.  But with all these social media and reality "stars" cropping up left and right nowadays, gossip sites and shows tend to use the word "celebrity" quite loosely these days.  Anyways, I digress..

I read about how she started (theater) and she actually didn't win a Tony as I thought (although, she was nominated).  This memoir gives you a picture of what it's like when you are trying to break into Hollywood, what it's like when you are almost about to make it but not exactly there yet and finally what it's like to be successful enough to be rubbing elbows with the likes of George Clooney, Ben Affleck, Robert Redford and Zach Effron (yep, Zac Effron.. I implied that Zac Effron is of the same category as the others).  

I am now realizing how diverse her movies are.  We know she can do musicals but she also has the deep, gritty award type roles like in Up In The Air and The Accountant.  And then you see her in raunchy comedies like Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates or romcoms like Mr. Right.  She also lent her voice to the animated Trolls movie.  The girl is everywhere.  Which I am totally fine with since I can't get enough of her (I am now planning a binge movie watching session of all her films). 

Obviously, there is no "How Does It End" part for this book coz... well, she's still alive.. still working.. still trying to live her life.  The anecdotes do end before the filming of Trolls, so no story about what it's like to working with Justin Timberlake.

No comments:

Post a Comment