Friday, November 6, 2015

The Solomon Curse


Title: The Solomon Curse
Author: Clive Cussler
Genre: Mystery
Time: A day to A day and a half

Once I blow thru the books of authors I like, I once in a while “test drive” another author I haven’t read before to see if they’re any good.  If they are, I would then search all the other books they’ve written so I can read those too. 

The Solomon Curse is one of those books that I tested out.  I found out that this is Book 7 of a series called Fargo Adventure Books, it meant that if it’s any good, then there are at least 6 other new books for me to try. 

This was so-so.  The Fargos are a married couple version of Lara Croft.  They are rich archeologists who get into various scrapes.  From this book, I surmise that in other books, they go into dangerous adventures and end up discovering lost treasures.  Their catch is they are unbelievably lucky as the keep evading death.  Midway through the book, their utter disregard for safety got annoying.

What can I say about this book?  It wasn’t bad.  It wasn’t also “can’t-put-it-down” kinda good.  As expected, it ends well for the protagonists.  As you read it, you go through the motions of them finding the treasures.  Although, to be honest, I didn’t expect the plot twist to reveal that it was Dr. Vanya as the mastermind.  But by then, I wasn’t really too invested to care that much.  Yes.. that is the phrase that would describe this book.  The way it was written doesn’t make you too invested in the characters, so either way, you don’t really care what happens to them.  And that doesn’t necessarily make this book awful to read but it doesn’t get you excited to read the other books.  I will probably not search out the other books of this series.  As I've said, this book didn't really make me invested enough of the characters to get to know them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment