Sunday, April 28, 2013

As You Desire

Book # 18: As You Desire by Connie Brockway

Since I've read two modern romance books in a row, this time, I went for a historical romance book... one of my guilty pleasures... This one was set in Egypt. I loved that the heroine was strong and smart... I'm not just saying smart because she wasn't a mindless chit who's into fashion and gossip... I say this because she happened to be a child prodigy when she was younger. The hero was, of course, handsome and strong. and like all romance heroes, he had his faults... but he had one fault that isn't very common with historical romance books--he was dyslexic... interesting because in this day and age, there are still a few misunderstandings with this condition and imagine how it would be received during those times. Of course, it is this "deep, dark secret" that makes the hero stay away from the heroine until something happens that make him realize that, fuck it, I'm getting my girl... and as all romance books go, they live happily ever after.

The Bad: the author tends to over describe things sometimes which is something I don't like so I tend to skip pages. The characters are interesting but I feel like I could have gotten to know them more through how they would act or react in different situations they are placed in instead of just being described as such.

The Good: the characters, as I've said, were interesting. If you want a historical romance fix, this book is good enough to satisfy your craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment