Monday, April 22, 2013

Bought by Anna David

book # 16 -- Bought by Anna David.

Wow.  This book was great.  I read it with low expectations as I had quite a few disappointments when trying out new authors.  This was something else, kinda reminds me of the way Jackie Collins writes--she really transported me to that world.  Although the ending left me wanting closure for the characters, but I think that was the whole point.  There is no epilogue which ties everything into a neat, pretty bow because life is not that way and it ties in to the way the novel was written: gritty and real.  

This isn't a Sophie Kinsella novel where everyone gets what's coming to them in the end, but not exactly like a Jackie Collins one either where the bad guy (or girl) dies in the end.  It left me hanging but left it open for me to imagine the possibilities of how the characters would continue on  Too bad this author has only started to write fairly recently, I would have loved to scour for the previous books she has written and read those too... but she has only written another one, Party Girl, so I guess I'm looking for just one book for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment