Saturday, June 29, 2013

Crystal Cove



Book # 46 - Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas

Her latest book... I don't think there are enough phrases, adjectives or sentences to describe how much I love Lisa Kleypas... I love, love, love her historical romances that I could never read a single title just once... and when I reread it, it doesn't get old... when she started writing contemporary romance, I worried if her good writing would translate the same in a modern setting...but I worried for naught, because her books are uh-mazing!  

And I dunno if I got a good copy or she switched publishers or if this is new thing they're doing but at the end part there's like a questionnaire about the book that's designed to make talking points for a book club meeting or something... there's a question about the symbolism of clocks stopping and how it's related to one "running out of time", maybe it was meant to make readers think about mortality and how they're spending their "borrowed" time, y'know make them think deep, existential and philosophical... but what really popped into my mind is how romance books have changed with the bondage theme included in this one... I know BDSM and erotica like Ellora's Cave have been around for a while, but I guess with the success of Fifty Shades of Grey, it has become more mainstream... I just didn't anticipate Kleypas would join in on the bandwagon... But now, I'm curious to taste a Kleypas erotica, I bet it would be great... Fifty Shades of Grey, while great because it paved the way for erotica to be mainstream, wasn't exactly well written... but let's leave my review on that for another post...

As much as I didn't want for the book to end, being that this is her latest book and who knows when her next book would come out , I was happily surprised to find at the end a bonus introduction to her next book that's coming out this September! woohoo!  I was worried I might have to wait 2 or 3 years for another Kleypas book...

Kleypas mentioned The Other Guy's Bride by Connie Brockway in the acknowledgement part... Sounds interesting... and any book reference by Kleypas must be a good book, right?  Note to self: research and find this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment