Saturday, May 14, 2016

Wonderment In Death

Title: Wonderment In Death (Down the Rabbit Hole)
Author: J. D. Robb
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Police Procedural, Novella
Time: 1.1 hours
Rating: 7 out of 10

here's a short description of the book in goodreads.

This was supposed to be the book after Devoted in Death for the In Death Series but I read Brotherhood In Death first by mistake.  This one is actually a novella that’s part of 4 others in the Down The Rabbit Hole anthology.  Since it’s a novella, the story is quite short so Eve and Peabody pretty much caught the killer right away.  Which is realistic to me as it’s not all the time that cops get big, complicated cases, more often than not, they prolly catch open and close type cases.  But because it was a short, I felt like I was left hanging.  Like, why did the Mad Hatter suddenly go on a killing “spree” (if you could call it that).  Was it because his sister tried to kill him?  And why did she try to kill him?  Or was it the other way around, did he try to kill his sister?  If so, why?

Good thing with this type of book where author’s novellas are bundled with other authors is that I get to sample new writers I haven’t read before.  So I think I’m gonna read the next novella in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment