Monday, December 28, 2015

Blockade Billy

Title: Blockade Billy
Author: Stephen King
Genre: Suspense
Time: 1.8 hours
2015 Book Challenge: a book that scares you

I’m a scaredy cat.  I don’t like scary movies.  I could be all alone in my non-threatening, non-scary room but give my imagination the slightest suggestion and I would scare myself silly.  That is why I don’t like this particular challenge.  I even get nightmares from thrillers, how much more for something under the horror genre?
 
The scariest writer I know is Stephen King.  I don’t wanna read through a whole book of his and suffer nightmares for days.  So I chose this one for the challenge because it was short.  Unfortunately, it wasn’t one of his scary ones.  It was more of a plot twist in the end kinda book.  True, Billy is a scary sociopath if you ever cross paths with someone like him but it didn’t really scare me.
 
So now I don’t know if I should count this book for the challenge or not.  To be honest, I was already scared before reading it knowing Stephen King wrote it.  Ugh! But I don’t want to find another book that would really be shit in your pants scary.  But since I only have three days left for the book challenge, I will just let this stand for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment