Sunday, December 27, 2015

Lolita

Title: Lolita
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
Genre: Fiction
Time: 6.6 hours
2015 Book Challenge: a book that was originally written in a different language

This was originally for the banned book challenge.  But since I got American Psycho and didn’t want to search for a book for this challenge, I decided to go with this.
 
Finishing this book was such a struggle!  I wanted to claw my eyes out.  It’s not because of the subject matter, which is being a pedo-bear.  It’s just how the character goes on and on and on about those girls he likes.  I get it, you like little girls.  What I want to know is what happened?  What did you do about it?  How did you get caught?
 
The book would probably be half shorter if he just cuts to the point.  I know, I know, maybe that is the point.  He’s trying to make the reader understand his obsession but I just don’t give a fuck.  Some people are into BDSM, some are into those weird baby diaper thing and the narrator is into little girls.  Just get on with your story so I’ll find out what happened to you.
 
Okay, so trying finishing this book challenge is getting me edge.  Maybe ??? years ago, this book would cause such a shock, I guess I’m a bit jaded now with the likes of R. Kelly, Michael Jackson, the Subway guy and can you believe the guy from Glee??
 
Btw, did the term lolita came about because of this book or was it the other way around that the book was titled/named after the term?

No comments:

Post a Comment