Saturday, December 26, 2015

Dare

Title: Dare
Author: Allie Juliette Mousseau
Genre: Series, Romance, MMA 
Time: hours
2015 Book Challenge: a book based on a true story
It took me a while to find a book for this challenge.  Sure, there were a lot of true story books out there but they were more non-fiction types like bios, memoirs or documentary types.  When the challenge called for “a book based on a true story,” I took it to mean as a fictionalized version of a true story kinda like Titanic.  Coz it says “based on” not “the true story of.”  Anyways, I’m nitpicking.
 
Luckily I found this book.  And as the Author’s Note said: “Although fiction, this novel is based on true and actual events.”  Add to the fact that this was an MMA genre book, I was sold.  This isn’t my first MMA genre book but this is my first one since I’m more familiar with MMA.
 
It was fun trying to guess with my hubby who this story was based on.  Josh was supposed to be the UFC Light Heavyweight champion and mentioned Chris Weidman as the current Middleweight Champion so that would make it Jon Jones in real life.  My hubby thinks it’s him but I know Jones was a daddy when he was like 18-19 or something.  Previous champions were Shogun Rua and Lyoto Machida.  I’m leaning towards Rua.  But then, for all we know this might have been a different promotion like Bellator, WSOF or a really small organization and only used UFC coz it’s more known.  Or maybe even not a recent champion, UFC in the early stages or Pride.
 
But I think the MMA background isn’t the “actual events” in this book.  It was probably the domestic violence part.  But it was fun thinking Josh could be any of the UFC Champions.  In my mind, I totally pictured him as Elias Theodorou.

No comments:

Post a Comment